Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuneful Tuesdays

So, I'm stealing the brilliant ideas my wife has and having a cute, catchy title for certain blogs...hey, it'll help me blog at least a little bit once a week.  What I'm going to do every Tuesday is blog what I've been listening to a lot or a little during the week, and hopefully it will go beyond choral music...but not too far.

This week I've listened to a couple of pieces by Damijan Mocnik - The Prayer and The Beatitudes. He's a Slovenian composer, and these two pieces are amazing. He has written a lot more than these, but I only have recordings of these two by the Atlanta Singers on their album entitled Antiphonica. On that same album is Missa Antiphonica by Henk Badings, a Dutch composer. All three pieces are amazing.

I've also listened to John Adams' Shaker Loops. Great stuff! I recommend listening to these daily.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

Rach said...

well, what did you think of these pieces?

Shanna said...

Who are you asking? Me? I haven't heard them...unless that was the 'ghosty' music I heard on the videos you made of the pup-pups.

bchadwick said...

These pieces are choralicious!