Saturday, June 27, 2009

Leipzig Zoo

This morning I took a personal field trip to the Zoo. I have pictures, and a small video to show for the much fun I had. It seems that the Zoo spends a substantial amount of time and money on studying monkeys. There were quite a few encaged from several species, and they showed a video of the studies that are being executed on some of the little guys. They do psychological studies...watching it reminded me of reading about Pavlov's dogs. They would put food in these hard to reach places and watch the monkeys get it out. One study was done on an Orangutan, where two glasses of juice were shown to it, and he was supposed to pick the one with the most liquid in it...he accomplished his little mission every time. Anyway...enjoy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the video...enjoyed it!
Hmm... the fly & the gorilla reminded me of something I saw recently on our national news.

Dee Chadwick said...

Loved the zoo pix!! Funny that you liked the MONKEYS so much :)!!! For the record, they are my favorites, too! Of course, I also love the cats--they are SO beautiful!!! Love ya! Mom