Friday, September 19, 2008

Tuneful Tuesday

Matt actually gets the credit for this - Frank LaRocca's "O Magnum Mysterium"

Handel's Messiah, but only Part the First. I've listened to a few portions of Part the Second.

Poulenc's Gloria...again. I truly recommend getting this. See if your local library has it, and if it doesn't it is completely worth the bucks you'll use on it in iTunes. If at all possible, listen to it with the score (Dr. Simmons might be able to help you out; if you're really ambitious, J.W. Pepper.com can certainly help you.)

I brought back a little bit of the band Vigilantes of Love this morning, a band I started listening to in high school and had a crush on.

We continue our studies of Brahms in Chamber Singers, and more and more I see just how masterful, and surprisingly NOT dark, fatalistic, or sullen as might be the label he gets often.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Linds said...

I've started to notice that 'Tuneful Tuesday' is written on any day of the week but Tuesday :)

bchadwick said...

That is very correct. There's something about a deadline that I don't care for much.