Monday, September 29, 2008

Concert FRIDAY

...no this is not another attempt at creating a catchy title in order to help me blog. We have a concert Friday night at St. Paul's Episcopal Church - high ceilings, where the acoustic rolls around forever, stone floors, 52-rank organ that is breathtakingly beautiful, and a beautiful chancel. Great place to sing and be heard...and with that kind of acoustic, you can in some ways be your own audience...
Chamber Singers will sing Calvisius, Brahms, Schumann, Boyce, Paulus, Rutter, Poch, and Alwes. And Choral Scholars (the graduate lab choir for the conducting students) will do a plethora of pieces. I am conducting William Byrd's Ave verum corpus, and hopefully all will work out musically on my part - I'm not at all worried about the choir (and I never really thought I'd say that). Hopefully I can calm myself internally to trust my hands to do everything right and my ears to hear what every beautiful note they sing.
It's going to be a great experience!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could be there to hear it!

Shanna said...

I'd like to be there, too!!! One of these days, maybe...

Rach said...

I'll be there.

bchadwick said...

Hey...that reminds me of a song. IIIIIII'll Be THEEEERE. With my love I will shelter you oooooo!
Remember that one? (of course not; you were not yet conceived.)