Monday, June 23, 2008

Rheinberger...

stunning composer. I had the most pleasant experience conducting his Benedixisti with a group of musicians from all over the country - mostly North Carolina, but California, Illinois, and Connecticut were represented...and certainly represented well here at ECU's Summer Choral Conducting Institute. I spent my podium time thinking about what my hands and arms were doing. I am guilty of not spending much time in score study because I felt I would neglect my conducting gesture. Perhaps that's a cop out, but I really wanted to focus on delivering a comfortable and expressive gesture without having to stop the choir to explain my musical interpretation. I felt I would have spent more time talking to them rather than showing them.

Good stuff. It's going to be a splendid week!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Matthew Cook said...

Good stuff! I'm glad you're having fun.
I was just noticing your "About Me" section on your blog. You need to update it soon!

Anonymous said...

I heart Rheinberger.